Tags: BJD, Motu
add a comment
Polavaram issue: BJD bandh affects life in parts of southern Odisha
Odisha Sun Times Bureau, Koraput, January 7, 2016
The 12 hour bandh call today by the ruling BJD party protesting against the Polavaram dam has affected the day-to-day life in Koraput, Malkangiri, Nabarangpur and Rayagada districts in Odisha.
The bandh has been called from 7 am in the morning till 5 pm in the evening. The streets were deserted, shops and business houses remained closed. The general public is also supporting the strike, with locals joining the protests which are being held at different places in the districts.
“ When the first MOU was signed in 1980 with Odisha government there near Motu its height was limited to 150 feet, but currently the Andhra Pradesh government has increased the height to nearly 180 feet.”
e-Resource Centre for TSPSC in Telangana University జనవరి 10, 2016Posted by M Bharath Bhushan in 1969, 29th State, agitation, Culture, Economy, heritage, Hyderabad, Identity, Kakatiya, politics, regionalism, Telangana, Telangana Festivals, Telangana People, Telangana Places, TRS, TSPSC.
add a comment
Telangana University opens e-resource centre for TSPSC exams
P Ram Mohan, The Hindu, Nizamabad, January 10, 2016
V-C has given green signal to purchase any number of books required by students, says Registrar
Dozens of coaching centres have emerged across the district with a series of notifications coming for recruitment of various jobs in the State government. Aspirants of jobs are thronging coaching centres and libraries for serious preparation.
They, however, seem to be struggling to find relevant syllabus in books and magazine available at the libraries. They find it difficult to get authentic information on Telangana politics, economics, culture and festivals, geography, general history, and history of the 60-year-old agitation for separate Statehood and also on current affairs.
The market is flooded with books written by several writers, but aspirants do not feel satisfied with the contents in them. They have been waiting for the books written by eminent writers being published by the Telugu Academy. Meanwhile, coaching centres are searching for senior faculty members and experts in general studies to engage them in their centres. (మరింత…)
Telangana movement & State formation – V Prakash జనవరి 10, 2016Posted by M Bharath Bhushan in 1969, 29th State, agitation, AP Reorganisation Bill, politics, Telangana, Telugu (తెలుగు), TRS, TSPSC.
add a comment
Book on Telangana movement and State formation released
Special correspondent, The Hindu, 4 January, 2016
Telangana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao released a book titled “Telangana Udyamala Charitra – Rashtra Avirbhavam” (history of Telangana movements and State formation) written by V. Prakash, founder of Acharya Jayashankar Study Centre and political analyst.
Advisor to Government K.V. Ramanachary, Minister G. Jagadish Reddy, State Planning Board Vice Chairman S. Niranjan Reddy, legislators K. Prabhakar Reddy and Palla Rajeshwar Reddy and family members of Mr. Prakash were present on the occasion. Complimenting Mr. Prakash for penning the book, the Chief Minister said it was a great attempt to compile the history of Telangana movement. (మరింత…)
TSPSC Syllabus of Paper VI: Telangana Movement & State Formation సెప్టెంబర్ 1, 2015Posted by M Bharath Bhushan in 1969, 29th State, AP Reorganisation Bill, Bhadrachalam, G.O 610, Hyderabad, Identity, JAC, KCR, Kothagudem, Koya, Mulki, Nizam, Polavaram, politics, Settler, Six Point Formula, Sonia, SRC, suicide, TDF, Telangana, Telangana Festivals, TRS, TSPSC, Warangal.
add a comment
PAPER-VI – TELANGANA MOVEMENT AND STATE FORMATION
I. The idea of Telangana (1948-1970)
1. Historical Background: Telangana as a distinctive cultural unit in Hyderabad Princely State, its geographical, cultural, socio, political and economic features- People of Telangana- castes, tribes, religion, arts, crafts, languages, dialects, fairs, festivals and important places in Telangana. Administration in Hyderabad Princely State and Administrative Reforms of Salar Jung and Origins of the issue of Mulkis-Non-Mulkis; Employment and Civil Services Rules under Mir Osman Ali Khan, VII Nizam’s Farman of 1919 and Definition of Mulki – Establishment of Nizam’s Subjects League known as the Mulki League 1935 and its Significance; Merger of Hyderabad State into Indian Union in 1948; Employment Policies under Military Rule and Vellodi,1948-52; Violation of Mulki-Rules and Its Implications.
2. Hyderabad State in Independent India– Formation of Popular Ministry under Burgula Ramakrishna Rao and 1952 Mulki-Agitation; Demand for Employment of Local people and City College Incident, Its importance. Justice Jagan Mohan Reddy Committee Report, 1953 – Initial debates and demand for Telangana State-Reasons for the Formation of States Reorganization Commission (SRC) under Fazal Ali in 1953-Main Provisions and Recommendations of SRC-Dr. B. R. Ambedkar’s views on SRC and smaller states.
3. Formation of Andhra Pradesh, 1956: Gentlemen’s Agreement – its Provisions and Recommendations; Telangana Regional Committee, Composition, Functions and Performance – Violation of Safeguards, Migration from Coastal Andhra Region and its Consequences; Post-1970 Development Scenario in Telangana- Agriculture, Irrigation, Power, Education, Employment, Medical and Health etc.
4. Violation of Employment and Service Rules: Origins of Telangana Agitation– Protest in Kothagudem and other places, Fast unto Death by Ravindranath; 1969 Agitation for Separate Telangana. Role of Intellectuals, Students, Employees in Jai Telangana Movement.
5. Formation of Telangana Praja Samithi and Course of Movement – the Spread of Telangana Movement- Major Events, Leaders and Personalities- All Party Accord – Go 36 – Suppression of Telangana Movement and its Consequences-The Eight Point and Five-Point Formulas-Implications.
II. Mobilisational phase (1971 -1990)
1. Court Judgements on Mulki Rules- Jai Andhra Movement and its Consequences– Six Point Formula 1973, and its Provisions; Article 371-D, Presidential Order, 1975-Officers (Jayabharat Reddy) Committee Report- G.O. 610 (1985); its Provisions and Violations- Reaction and Representations of Telangana Employees (మరింత…)