Odisha Chief Minister urges PM not to allow construction of Polavaram సెప్టెంబర్ 20, 2015Posted by M Bharath Bhushan in Andhra, Andhrapreneurship, ecology, Economy, Koya, Polavaram, politics, Settler, ST, submergence, TDP, TRS.
add a comment
Patnaik Plea For Polavaram
Tathya, Bhbaneswar, September 20, 2015
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has urged the Prime Minister Narendra Modi not to allow construction of the Polavaram Project as it will harm the interests of Odisha as the project is being taken up without addressing the legitimate concerns of the State.
Mr.Patnaik writing a letter to the Prime Minister Mr.Modi has expressed serious concern over Polavarm Project, which is being taken up unilaterally by the Government of Andhra Pradesh even the matter is pending in the Supreme Court.
Chief Minister has said that the Polavaram Project does not qualify to be considered as a National Project as it does not satisfy the norms. Sadly the Union Government has considered the Polavaram as a National Project, officials say.
Impressing upon the Prime Minister about the magnitude of the consequences that people of Odisha will have to face like submergence of tribal lands, the flooding of fertile agricultural lands, mass displacement of villages, Mr.Patnaik said that all of these can be avoided if only an opportunity is given for a final resolution of disputes as the case is pending before the Supreme Court. (మరింత…)
KCR Policies Without Concern for Public? సెప్టెంబర్ 14, 2015Posted by M Bharath Bhushan in agitation, compromise, Economy, heritage, Hyderabad, KCR, Mulki, Osmania, politics, Settler, Telangana, TRS.
1 comment so far
Why Telangana’ KCR has got nickname of ‘rollback CM’
Prasad Nichenametla, Hindustan Times, Hyderabad, September 13, 2015
Telangana chief minister K Chandrasekhar Rao has acquired a reputation for being a quick decision-maker, except that the decisions are rolled back just as quickly.
Political rivals dubbed him “Rollback CM” after a series of decisions Rao took upon becoming the first chief minister of the country’s newest state in June last year were shelved under public pressure.
“When a CM takes a decision, he should consider all the pros and cons beforehand. Rao is driven by momentary emotions. His decisions prove he lacks the maturity to head a state,” Mallu Bhatti Vikramarka, working president, Telangana Congress, told HT.
The CM, on his part, has put up a wavering defence of his decisions, only to yield quickly to swelling resentment from various quarters. (మరింత…)
Memorial of Monsieur Raymond సెప్టెంబర్ 8, 2015Posted by M Bharath Bhushan in heritage, Hyderabad, Nizam, Telangana.
add a comment
A SLICE OF HISTORY
Sep 08 2015 : The Times of India (Hyderabad)
Archaeology students from France on a visit to the memorial of Monsieur Raymond at Malakpet in the city on Monday (మరింత…)
ఇక కొత్త రెవెన్యూ చట్టాలు సెప్టెంబర్ 8, 2015Posted by M Bharath Bhushan in Economy, landuse, Nizam, Settler, Telangana, Telugu (తెలుగు), TRS.
add a comment
ఇక కొత్త రెవెన్యూ చట్టాలు
Namaste Telangana 9/8/2015
హైదరాబాద్, నమస్తే తెలంగాణ: అనేక పోరాటాల ఫలితంగా ఏర్పడినరాష్ట్రంలో తెలంగాణ ప్రయోజనాలు కాపాడే చట్టాలు మాత్రమే అమలుచేసే దిశగా రాష్ట్ర ప్రభుత్వం చర్యలు ప్రారంభించింది. ఉమ్మడి రాష్ట్రంలో తెలంగాణను దోచుకోవడానికి రూపొందించిన, ఆంధ్రాకు మాత్రమే పనికివచ్చే చట్టాలను సమూలంగా పాతర వేయాలని కేసీఆర్ ప్రభుత్వం సంకల్పించింది. ఈ మేరకు రాష్ట్ర ప్రభుత్వం రెవెన్యూ చట్టాల రూపకల్పనపై కసరత్తులు మొదలుపెట్టింది. న్యాయశాఖ విభాగం సెంటర్ ఫర్ గుడ్ గవర్నెన్స్ ద్వారా కొత్త చట్టాల ఏర్పాటుకు సంబంధించి అధ్యయనం, రూపకల్పన బాధ్యతను నల్సార్ యూనివర్సిటీకి అప్పగించింది. రెండు నెలల్లో కొత్త చట్టాలకు ముసాయిదాలు సిద్ధమయ్యే అవకాశాలు ఉన్నాయి.
భూ వినియోగం ఆధారంగా నూతన చట్టాలు
రాష్ట్ర విభజన చట్టం ప్రకారం నూతనంగా ఏర్పడిన తెలంగాణ రాష్ట్రం కొత్త చట్టాలు చేసుకోవడానికి రెండేండ్లు వెసులుబాటు కల్పించింది. ఈ రెండేండ్ల వరకు ఉమ్మడి రాష్ట్రంలోని చట్టాలను అమలు చేసుకోవచ్చు. ఈలోగా కొత్త చట్టాలు ఏర్పాటు చేసుకోవాలి. లేదంటే ఏపీ చట్టాలే.. తెలంగాణ చట్టాలుగా అమలులోకి వస్తాయి. ఈ నేపథ్యంలో తెలంగాణ రాష్ట్ర భూ వినియోగం, ఇక్కడి భౌగోళిక పరిస్థితుల ఆధారంగా కొత్త చట్టాలను తీసుకువచ్చేందుకు రాష్ట్ర సర్కారు కసరత్తులు ప్రారంభించింది. రాష్ట్రంలో ఏ శాఖలో లేనివిధంగా రెవెన్యూ శాఖలో దాదాపు 150కిపైగా చట్టాలున్నాయి. ఇందులో కొన్ని పూర్తిగా సీమాంధ్రకు మాత్రమే పనికి వచ్చే చట్టాలున్నాయని అధికారవర్గాలు అంటున్నాయి. 100కు పైగా చట్టాలు సమూలంగా మార్చాల్సిన అవసరం ఉందని గుర్తించినట్లు విశ్వసనీయ సమాచారం. (మరింత…)
Cheap liquor in Telangana – Government vs Civil Society సెప్టెంబర్ 2, 2015Posted by M Bharath Bhushan in Andhra, Economy, KCR, politics, Telangana, TRS.
add a comment
Cheap liquor is a cheap deception by the Telangana government
Prof. P L Vishweshwer Rao, Siasat, Ausgut 31, 2015
The euphoria among the people of Telangana of having won a separate state of Telangana after decades of struggle is slowly dissipating thanks to the short-sighted and anti-people decisions of the State Government headed by K C Chandrashekar Rao. The very same people who voted the TRS to power, stood by the party, buttressed it with all their might, faced lathis, teargas and bullets all seem to have gone in vain. The disillusionment of the people, of the average citizen, is all too evident. Their dream of ushering in a ‘golden’ Telangana has all but disappeared in thin air.
Within a short period of just about a year, the true anti-people colours of the K Chandrashekar Rao government have been revealed dashing to the ground the huge expectations of the people of their ‘very own’ government that it would convert its promises into action. Instead of giving land and houses to the poor, instead of making available free education, instead of creating of employment opportunities, instead of making the lives of his ‘akka-chellendlu’ and ‘tallulu’ meaningful and a little more comfortable, he has roped in the state machinery to increase the consumption of liquor among the masses, basically the poor, by making available liquor at cheaper rates. (మరింత…)
TSPSC Syllabus of Paper VI: Telangana Movement & State Formation సెప్టెంబర్ 1, 2015Posted by M Bharath Bhushan in 1969, 29th State, AP Reorganisation Bill, Bhadrachalam, G.O 610, Hyderabad, Identity, JAC, KCR, Kothagudem, Koya, Mulki, Nizam, Polavaram, politics, Settler, Six Point Formula, Sonia, SRC, suicide, TDF, Telangana, Telangana Festivals, TRS, TSPSC, Warangal.
add a comment
PAPER-VI – TELANGANA MOVEMENT AND STATE FORMATION
I. The idea of Telangana (1948-1970)
1. Historical Background: Telangana as a distinctive cultural unit in Hyderabad Princely State, its geographical, cultural, socio, political and economic features- People of Telangana- castes, tribes, religion, arts, crafts, languages, dialects, fairs, festivals and important places in Telangana. Administration in Hyderabad Princely State and Administrative Reforms of Salar Jung and Origins of the issue of Mulkis-Non-Mulkis; Employment and Civil Services Rules under Mir Osman Ali Khan, VII Nizam’s Farman of 1919 and Definition of Mulki – Establishment of Nizam’s Subjects League known as the Mulki League 1935 and its Significance; Merger of Hyderabad State into Indian Union in 1948; Employment Policies under Military Rule and Vellodi,1948-52; Violation of Mulki-Rules and Its Implications.
2. Hyderabad State in Independent India– Formation of Popular Ministry under Burgula Ramakrishna Rao and 1952 Mulki-Agitation; Demand for Employment of Local people and City College Incident, Its importance. Justice Jagan Mohan Reddy Committee Report, 1953 – Initial debates and demand for Telangana State-Reasons for the Formation of States Reorganization Commission (SRC) under Fazal Ali in 1953-Main Provisions and Recommendations of SRC-Dr. B. R. Ambedkar’s views on SRC and smaller states.
3. Formation of Andhra Pradesh, 1956: Gentlemen’s Agreement – its Provisions and Recommendations; Telangana Regional Committee, Composition, Functions and Performance – Violation of Safeguards, Migration from Coastal Andhra Region and its Consequences; Post-1970 Development Scenario in Telangana- Agriculture, Irrigation, Power, Education, Employment, Medical and Health etc.
4. Violation of Employment and Service Rules: Origins of Telangana Agitation– Protest in Kothagudem and other places, Fast unto Death by Ravindranath; 1969 Agitation for Separate Telangana. Role of Intellectuals, Students, Employees in Jai Telangana Movement.
5. Formation of Telangana Praja Samithi and Course of Movement – the Spread of Telangana Movement- Major Events, Leaders and Personalities- All Party Accord – Go 36 – Suppression of Telangana Movement and its Consequences-The Eight Point and Five-Point Formulas-Implications.
II. Mobilisational phase (1971 -1990)
1. Court Judgements on Mulki Rules- Jai Andhra Movement and its Consequences– Six Point Formula 1973, and its Provisions; Article 371-D, Presidential Order, 1975-Officers (Jayabharat Reddy) Committee Report- G.O. 610 (1985); its Provisions and Violations- Reaction and Representations of Telangana Employees (మరింత…)
Digitisation of land records in Telangana సెప్టెంబర్ 1, 2015Posted by M Bharath Bhushan in 1969, Economy, Hyderabad, Mulki, Settler, Telangana, Warangal.
add a comment
Telangana to digitise land records in 7 districts
The Hindu, Hyderabad, September 1, 2015
Centre to share Rs. 120 cr. of the Rs. 150-cr. project. The government is finalising the agency by inviting tenders and, thereafter, survey would be launched, a senior official said.
In one of the first Centrally-sponsored projects, the Telangana government is set to digitise land records in seven districts of the State to settle long-pending land disputes at a cost of Rs. 150 crore, of which the Central share is Rs. 120 crore.
The project was sanctioned for districts other than Hyderabad and Nizamabad under the National Land Records Management Project with the task of surveying lands, updating records and digitising the same.
The government is finalising the agency by inviting tenders and, thereafter, survey would be launched, a senior official said. In Nizamabad, the records are already digitised and updated under the Bhoo Bharati scheme, also sponsored by the Centre. However, Hyderabad was kept out of the project as it would require a different strategy for implementation. (మరింత…)