ToR of Srikrishna Committee : 7 points to satisfy All ఫిబ్రవరి 13, 2010Posted by Telangana Utsav in Andhra, BJP, Congress, CPI, CPI-M, Culture, Economy, elections, Identity, JAC, Jai Andhra, MIM, Mulki, politics, Rayalaseema, suicide, TDP, Telangana, Telugu, TRS.
Tags: Committee, Srikrishna, TOR
Govt announces terms of reference for Telangana committee
AGENCIES, 12 February 2010 Times of India
NEW DELHI: Government on Friday announced a seven-point terms of reference (ToR) for the Telangana committee, saying the panel will consult all sections of people in Andhra Pradesh, especially political parties, on the demand of a separate state.
The five-member committee, headed by Justice (Retd) B N Srikrishna, will “examine the situation in Andhra Pradesh with reference to demand for a separate state of Telangana as well as the demand for maintaining the present status of united Andhra Pradesh.
“It will review the development in the state since its formation and their impact on the progress and development of different regions of the state,” the ToR said.
The committee, which includes Ranbir Singh, Abusaleh Shariff, Ravinder Kaur and former home secretary Vinod K Duggal as member-secretary, “will examine the impact of the recent developments in the state on the different sections of the people such as women, children, students, minorities, SCs and STs”.
It has been asked to submit its report by December 31 this year.
Under the terms of reference, the committee will:
* Examine the demands of a separate state of Telangana as well as the demands for maintaining the present status of a united Andhra Pradesh.
* Review developments in the state since its formation and their impact on the progress and development of the different regions.
* Examine the impact of recent developments in the state on different sections of people such as women, children, students, minorities, backward classes, Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
* Consult all sections of people especially political parties and other organisations to seek their views on a range of solutions that will dissolve the present difficult situation.
* Identify optimal solutions and recommend a plan of action and a roadmap.
* To also consult civil society, industry, trade unions, commerce organisations, farmers, women’s and students organisations to elicit their views.